We got our first taste of Moor for the first time in a long time.
We popped round to Unwins and, in the absence of one of Tom's cask beers, we chose a guest keg: Nor'hop.
It was...fine.
That is to say it was without any problematic flavours - maybe a tiny bit "bretty" to my taste - it was inoffensive.
That's a pretty damning statement, really, and because there's so much really good beer in Bristol - both local and "imported" it means we'll be unlikely to repeat the experience just yet.
Whilst I'm glad Moor is being resurrected, I almost wish that they'd changed the name and not tried to brew the "same" beers. I see their core range appears to be a solid offering (but the pictures of pump clips on their website is just weird..maybe AI-adjacent?) but is lacking (maybe just at the moment) the likes of Hoppiness and Old Freddy Walker which added character and interest to the lineup.
Interesting that they chosen to open the taproom all week but I'm not sure we'll rush there.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who'll enjoy the new incarnation and that's great - but for me, they've lost something of the "them" that we particularly liked. I daresay we'll check in on the beers from time to time to see how things emerged but they're not going to join our "regular" list for now.
Meanwhile, our second pint in Unwins was a truly gorgeous hazy pale from the tank - called Blossom, this is something we'll definitely return to.
No comments:
Post a Comment